Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Welcome to my blog!

     When I was a little girl I would pray to God, the God of my understanding that is, to help me to help others.  As a small child I had such a desire to ease pain and lift others to a place of joy and hope.  I had many conversations with God over the years on this subject.
     That desire has always stayed strong within me.  Although I don't help in a traditional sense, as in counseling or therapy, I do support others with my friendship and the very desire I spoke of.  I have been given guidance that allows me to shine the light inside of people's darkness on many different paths in my life.  This path began when I was in my early 20's by volunteering as a tutor in a local Elementary school.  I could clearly see that one of the main areas these children needed help with was a sense of belief in themselves.  I believed I could bring that level of confidence to them through encouragement, reminders of their past achievements and most importantly by my believing in them.  I believed in them with every part of me.  Doesn't everyone have a desire to be believed in? 
     Life moved on and I received my Cosmetology license.  There's something about having someone touch your head that propels you to TALK.  Maybe since a level of trust has already been established when you put your head in someone else's hands.  Most of my clients, as I would transform them with a new haircut or some beautiful color, would give to me a part of their life through conversation.   We would share in their joys and laugh or I would simply listen with a compassionate ear to their seeming troubles.  I enjoyed being trusted by these amazing people and being in their presence.  It was truly an honor for me.
     Soon after I became a mom- my greatest joy, achievement and opportunity to make a difference so far.  I can't say enough about the gratitude I have for being blessed with these precious angels.  Both of my children are in school and once my youngest child went into Elementary school I found myself tutoring and volunteering again.  I love to be in the presence of children.  They have such beautiful insights and views of life.  My favorite part of being with these kids is seeing their faces and smiles as the trust and friendship between us blossomed.  To once again be able to share with them their strengths and wonderful qualities was a smile on my heart.
     This same smile grins as many times as I give a compliment or a hug or an encouraging word to another human being.  It simply is who I am to lift another as I feel it is who we ALL are.  To love and be loved, to support and be supported, to believe in someone and have someone believe in us - that is a gift and I am thankful to have all of these. 
     In January of 2010 I was introduced to The Oneness Blessing, Deeksha, by a dear and truly compassionate woman.  This was another way for me to share my gift of hope and love.  This blessing has the ability to awaken and transform through sheer willingness and desire.  I began sharing the blessing with family and friends and in my Spiritual Community, Journeys.  Along with this blessing I was able to feel a sense of the person's strengths and how they were able to shine their light on the world and share that with them in a simple affirmation of  " I see you... "   This affirmation could be I see the divinity within you spreading love and peace or I see the creativity within you sharing beauty in the lives of others or I see your love of teaching touching the lives of many. 
     This really opened up a space within me that has moved me forward on my life's path to become a Certified Professional Coach.  What better way to do what I love?  It is my wish for you to have the life of your deepest desires - to embrace who you are - to embrace your life with joy and gratitude.  To always be growing and stretching, transforming and morphing into the highest and most profound vision of YOU!
Happy Journeying
Dawn Weaver
  

No comments:

Post a Comment